Schools Broadband has partnerships with all the leading wholesale providers. This means we can offer schools the best possible connection speed at the best possible price.
EoFTTC (Ethernet over FTTC)
- We recommend an EoFTTC connection to primary schools and smaller secondary schools where it is available.
- As the next generation on from standard FTTC Broadband it gives schools superfast broadband with an uncontended line
- EoFTTC ensures that the line speed quoted is what a school will get every day - even at peak times and regardless of how many people are using the internet.
- The EoFTTC service also has the added bonus of having a Guaranteed Service Level Agreement (SLA) which assures schools of a fix within 7 hours and 24/7 support.
- An EoFTTC can generally be installed in 30 working days.
FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet)
- FTTC or ‘Superfast Broadband’ as it is more widely known, uses fibre optic cables to help increase the speed of your broadband connection.
- It involves running fibre from the telephone exchange or distribution point to the street cabinets which then connect to a standard phone line to provide broadband.
- The maximum speed is 20Mbit upload and 80Mbit download, but not everyone will receive the maximum speed as it depends on the length of the phone line to the cabinet.
- BT Openreach can guarantee that the minimum sync speed will be 15Mbps or 30Mbps.
- A typical installation time for a FTTC connection is 45 working days.
- If FTTC is not yet available in your area, we can run your broadband over an ADSL connection.
- ADSL runs over over a standard BT telephone line and is the predecessor to FTTC. It is available from nearly all BT exchanges across the country.
- The maximum download speed is 24Mbit and upload 2.5Mbit. The further away from the telephone exchange, the slower the speed becomes.
- As part of our agreement with you, we will upgrade your school to FTTC for free (as part of a contract renewal) as soon as it becomes available.
Dedicated Leased Line
- Recommended for all secondary schools and much larger primary schools, a leased line will give you your very own fibre connection which you won’t share with anybody else.
- You’ll have the same upload speed as download speed (up to 10Gbit) and the line also comes with an SLA.
- As prices for leased lines vary according to the location of your school, one of our dedicated education consultants will run an individual assessment on your school to get you the best possible quote.
Learn more about all the different technologies in BT’s useful video below:
Call us on:
011 33 222 333
or click the link below to arrange a call backContact Us
"Since Schools Broadband took over the speed and reliability of our network has increased hugely."
Head Teacher ,
Ashlands Primary School