Backup your school’s connection to stay online during unexpected outages
- Not only is an automatic failover to a backup connection part of the DfE’s current standards (March 2022), it’s vital to ensure continuity of school functions in the event of an outage.
- With increasing reliance on technology for everything from blended learning, attendance, and school dinners, to video conferencing for staff, an unexpected outage could cause an entire school to grind to a halt.
- Browse the options below to find the right backup connection for your school, or call us for advice and information.
The right backup for your school
- Smaller schools such as Primary schools would benefit most from a 4G backup. 4G connections can remain up and running even when fibre lines are disrupted.
- Small to medium sized schools who use a leased line would suit an FTTC or FTTP backup, depending on what’s available in your area.
- For larger secondary schools and MATs or those with heavy reliance on cloud services, we would advise taking a second Leased Line connection. Should your main connection go down, a Leased Line backup has capacity to handle the same high level of usage.